Friday, February 24, 2012

Update on the floating tadpole, Flea.

Okay, so I did a bit of tadpole research on this little guy and have found a few things that it might be. Here they are:
One thing it might be is that this tad swallowed some air into his gut and can't swim down to the bottom. This might not be my tadpoles case because he is able to swim to the bottom, but just when he stops swimming he floats back up.
Another thing I found was that it might just be some bloating from the frog/tadpole food I fed them. Almost similar to the above, but different.
One of the scariest sounding ones I found was that their tissues in their little bodies can become infected and cause bloating also. This can be caused by water change and shock. Maybe even food.
All of these sound kind of scary, because you cant burp a tadpole, or bring it to the vet.
He will either recover, or not.
With a 50/50 chance of living or dying, this makes me worry.
I guess I will just have to wait and see. I will be crossing my fingers.
~27K

No comments:

Post a Comment